Homeowners are often told that the roof is an essential part of their property. Although roofs are expected to withstand various elements and conditions, adequate maintenance makes a considerable difference in prolonging their lifespan. Ideally, you should be familiar with the impact of various weather events on your roofing system so that you can prevent extensive damage.
In today’s post, we discuss how different weather conditions can affect your roof.
- Blizzards – Although heavy snowfall won’t cause immediate damage, it can quickly pile up on shallow-pitched roofs and cause structural issues. It could lead to sagging or major collapsing.
- Hailstorms – Hail-damaged roofs are often pierced with punch-holes caused by impact from falling hailstones. While minor storms are not much of an issue, harsher ones could cause significant damage that may even require you to get a replacement.
- Rain – Remember that it’s imperative to inspect your roof and gutters for leaks and issues after heavy showers. Natural wear and tear can make the roof vulnerable to water damage. A minor crack can allow water to pass through, and even little damage can have far-reaching consequences.
- Heat – If you live in an area where sweltering summers occur, this can be an issue if you have asphalt shingles or a flat roof. The high temperatures can cause your roof to expand and shrink, potentially leading to serious damage. Shingles may also become brittle due to UV rays. Hence, roofers recommend proper insulation and ventilation to prevent significant issues or damage.
- Wind — Strong winds can easily loosen your roof shingles, resulting in cracks and blistering. Keep in mind that once your shingles have been damaged, it’s ideal to have them replaced immediately. So if you want to avoid expensive repairs, do not leave any area in your roofing exposed to the elements.
Scheduling routine inspections will allow you to spend less in the long run as these will help you detect roofing problems early. Make sure to hire a reliable local contractor for this type of service.
Frame Restoration Roofing and Construction is a trusted roofing contractor that provides exceptional customer service and workmanship. Our team is experienced and works efficiently, ensuring quality work and timely project completion. Call (469) 346-8544 or fill out our contact form to request a quote.