Many homes in the United States have K-style gutters. According to roofing experts, the efficiency of K-style gutters is due to their profile and seamless design. Instead of having numerous gutter pieces spliced together, these gutters are installed continuously along the eaves.
However, half-round gutters are also becoming popular these days. In this post, we delve into the reasons that you might choose half-round gutters over K-style gutters.
The Rising Popularity of Half-Round Gutters
Many homes in the United States are built with angular roofs and architectural designs. However, some homes — including historic homes — have more rounded features. When remodeling or restoring such homes, owners usually prefer to keep the original look and design while adding modern features that can protect the structure. This has made half-round gutters a popular option as they have a symmetrical U-shape that suits rounded architecture.
Why Should You Buy Half-Round Gutters?
- Easy maintenance – The half-round gutters’ smoother shape allows debris to flow quickly, preventing clogs that may require costly repairs.
- Sleek – They have simpler and cleaner lines, making your home more appealing.
- Smooth – The inside of its material is smooth, so there are fewer areas where water can get stuck. This helps prevent the metal from eroding quickly.
Why Should You Not Choose Half-Round Gutters?
- Cost – Contractors say half-round gutters may cost you more because they are not as widely manufactured.
- Capability – Half-round gutters hold less water than K-style gutters.
- Installation – Given the material used to make them, half-round gutters are usually heavier.
Are Half-Round Gutters the Best Choice for Your Home?
Shopping around for your home can be a challenging task. You’ll need to consider several factors to ensure you’re not wasting your time and money on the wrong product. And if you plan to get half-round gutters, consult with an expert. This way, you can get a better understanding of whether these gutters are ideal for your property or not.
Frame Restoration Roofing and Construction is a local roofing contractor that delivers excellent customer service and top-notch workmanship. Our roofers are experienced and can work quickly, ensuring satisfactory quality and timely completion of your project. Call us at (469) 346-8544 or fill out our contact form to request a consultation.